Monday 25 July 2011

Intro to Canon S5iS

These were the first set of photos taken in my bro's new Canon S5iS. It was the first time that I have handled a high-end Camera. 
Specs:
  • 12x optical zoom lens with Ultrasonic Motor (USM) and UD lens
  • Optical Image Stabilizer
  • 8.0 Megapixel CCD
  • DIGIC III with advanced Noise Reduction technology and Face Detection for stills and movies
  • Red-Eye Correction in playback.


This was the first photo taken in that camera. Precision damn good. I mean focus was perfect. Everyone might think the fruit is actually a tomato or an apple but,  instead it is a chili (Kanthari Mulakku) which was there in my backyard.








This photo was taken with a lot dedication to nature. I really got interested in taking such photos, as it reminded me about the beauty of life. 






 Caterpillar the intermediate stage of the butterfly evolution. This caterpillar was just 7-8 cms long. Such a precision and focus without a tripod required me to have about 5-10 trials. Best suggested mode for such a  photography "Apeture Priority Mode" for amateurs. Everyone might think that I am being a professional but, I am still an amateur in the field of photography. 
























Pupa - the next stage of life in the life-cycle of a butterfly. It somewhat similar to hibernation part. The stage after this is the Evolution of Butterfly.






After taking the photo on that day, it rained heavily that night. Next day when looked for I didnt find anything. instead I saw remains of the Pupa shell which was not cracked. This reminded me of the famous phrase composed by Herbert Spencer, "Survival of the Fittest".

"Life is unfair". But, we always forget something, we make use of such a statement when we don't get proper outputs for our work. For example, if a student doesn't get output in his lab exam given that he is a bright student. Doesn't mean that his life is unfair always. We may consider it 'unfair' if we don't get what we want, but why do we expect to always get what we want or think that's how it should be?

Things happen...how we deal with them is what matters.

Decision making, hard work should be in our life. 

Moreover, Patience and Perseverance should be there in our life. I think more than luck, Perseverance will be surely rewarded with proper output. 

No comments:

Post a Comment